The RUC-02K Remote Universal Controller with an included SPIM-01 is an advanced remote setup, management and trouble-shooting appliance for controlling a local UPB network. Control your home from anywhere in the world, using your smart phone or any other browser device. Or control your UPB network using voice control with Amazon Echos and Alexa. Use inexpensive touch screens in your home to manage any UPB components. The RUC-02 enables you to run UPStart from your desktop so you can manage, setup, change and trouble-shoot the UPB network at your house or your customer's home. UPStart is and will always be the state of the art for the UPB universe. Any other remote access device will have to replicate all of UPStart's setup, management, trouble-shooting and diagnostic capabilities. Every time a new UPB product hits the market, new features are added to an existing product or new diagnostic capabilities are invented, any competing remote access server will have to be updated accordingly. Not so with the RUC-02. Just run the latest version of UPStart on your local PC and you will be able to apply new UPStart features to any customer site that has a RUC-02 installed. The RUC-02 implements all of the scheduling functionality of our industry-leading TIM-01 timer, so you can use this same device for outdoor lighting, Christmas lighting, making your house look lived in while you are away etc. . The RUC-02 maintains the current date, it automatically adjusts for daylight savings time and leap year, it can control events based on local sunset and sunrise and it utilizes flash memory to insure the correct operation of all functions after power outages. The RUC-02 can also be used as an email originator. Set up various triggering links that will cause the RUC-02 to send an email to you (or your customer) to inform you of problems or issues that need to be addressed. All programming is done from user friendly, web based screens. Various networking options are provided including DHCP or fixed IP addressing, and very importantly, remote access without needing to use port forwarding in your local router. Use the browser on your iPhone, iTouch, iPad, Android or Blackberry or use apps with your mobile device to control your UPB network. NOTE: The RUC-02K includes a UPB programmable interface module. For correct UPB operation, the RUC-02 requires a SPIM-01 interface device or other UPB interface module. The RUC-02 will perform better with the SPIM-01 than with any other programmable interface module. Order the RUC-02 if you already have a serial PIM and don't need one for operation.
- Remote access without opening a firewall port in the local router
- Use with Amazon Echo devices and Alexa for voice control of your UPB network.
- Perform scheduling based on time of day, sunset (+ / -), and sunrise (+/-)
- Freely available mobile apps for Android and iOS for UPB control through smart phones and tablets
- All programming done from any browser
- Compatible with UPstart, the UPB programming and monitoring tool - Use the RUC-02 as an ethernet PIM with UPstart, and export UPB export file directly to the RUC-02 for easier programming and Alexa capability
- Setup schedule, button, and command triggers
- Significant UPB testing and monitoring capabilities - logging for UPB commands on the network, noise logging for troubleshooting existing UPB networks
- Monitor UPB device status
- And much more!